The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Training Day

A few weeks ago on an average weeknight, the boys and I went out to learn and practice rappelling. By no means are they ready to do anything big, but they need to start somewhere. The site I choose was close to home , not very tall, and sees very few visitors. It wasn't truly vertical, but it was steep enough that they were actually hanging on the rope.
bikes better than walking


goof ball

G man was first....Looks like about six feet to the bottom here, it's a lot taller, maybe 25 feet. 


Super Y

Big D
  Just over the edge of the outcropping was a small landing in which I was able to stand on so I could get them over the lip and on their way down. After that it was all on them. They did well and all completed three runs each before I took my turn, and we packed up and headed home.

Y,  walking along the spine


looking pro-


G Man ,more interested in rocks than rappelling

No comments:

Post a Comment